Last Updated: 4/12/2016
How we collect and use information
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide. When you sign up for some of our products, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Causemo services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Log information. When you access Causemo services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications. When you send email or other communications to Causemo, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
- Location data. Causemo offers location-enabled services, sometimes part of another application or game. If you use those services, Causemo may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- Unique application number. Certain services include a unique application number that is not associated with your account or you. This number and information about your installation (e.g., operating system type, version number) may be sent to Causemo when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers (for example, to request automatic updates to the software).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Causemo or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
How we share your personal information
Causemo may share your personal information with other entities, including the Donee, publishing partners and cause organizations who use Causemo’s services. These entities may use your personal information to help fulfill your requests in connection with the Services and to help communicate with you about different resources offered as part of the Services. Also, our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use your personal information. On occasion, Causemo may share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. If you would rather us not share your personal information with any third party for direct marketing purposes, please either (1) do not submit personal information to Causemo through the Donee Apps or (2) indicate your desire for us not to share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by submitting such a request in writing (an “Opt-Out Request”) to us at: Causemo Inc., 945 Concord Street, Framingham, MA 01701 Attn: Legal, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take time for us to comply with your Opt-Out Request and, in the interim, we may continue to use your personal information as described in this PrivacyPolicy. In addition, please note that after receiving your Opt-Out Request, we may continue to maintain your name and other personal information to help us ensure we can honor such request, to communicate to you about your account, and for other purposes not related to direct marketing. If we receive your Opt-Out Request after having shared your personal information with a third party, Causemo may not be able to control use of such personal information by such third party (or any other party to whom such third party may have transferred your personal information). In such an event you agree that Causemo shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for damages or loss caused or alleged to be caused in connection with the use of such personal information by any such third party or resulting from any such transfer or disposition. If you are concerned about Causemo sharing your personal information with third parties or otherwise transferring or disposing your personal information, you should not provide your personal information to Causemo. We may also release your personal information to third parties if we believe such release is necessary (i) to comply with the law (e.g., a legal process or a statutoryauthorization), (ii) to apply or enforce our user agreements, (iii) to protect our rights or property, (iv) as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or sale of substantially all of the assets of Causemo, or (v) if we reasonably believe that a danger to any person requires disclosure of such personal information.
Links to other sites
Please note that, while using the Services, you could be directed to other sites that are developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Causemo. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
How we protect your personal information
Causemo Services uses reasonable efforts to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. However, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will be absolutely protected. For example, your personal information may be affected by actions outside of our control, such as computer "hacking" and physical theft. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Causemo understands that children's privacy is important. Causemo Services are not intended for use by children under 13 years old, and we do not intend to collect any personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years old, do not submit any personal information to Causemo.