At Causemo, we take data protection seriously and have taken the necessary steps to become GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliant. In addition to meeting GDPR standards, we are applying policy and software updates to all users (including those outside the EU) and are committed to making future enhancements to ensure data is protected to the highest degree possible. The GDPR has been applicable as of May 25th, 2018. You can learn more about GDPR here.
* We’ve appointed a DPO (Data Protection Officer) whose job is to keep you and your customers’ data safe, answer any questions you have about your data and maintain compliance with all applicable laws.
* We’re updating Account Settings so our users can easily manage or opt-out of communication from Causemo.
Questions? Connect with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to answer any additional questions you have about Causemo and the GDPR.
How we collect and use information
We may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide (not including your Constituent or Giving data). When you sign up for some of our products, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Causemo services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
* Constituent and Giving Data When you connect constituent data (your donor’s name, email address and/or physical address and any other associated constituent data) and giving data (transaction ID, amount, date of transaction and any other associated giving data) either via a third-party integration or uploading directly, we will not share that data with any third-parties or Causemo clients. This data is not used or sold
even in an aggregated, anonymized form to any third parties or Causemo clients. You are the sole owner of your constituent and giving data and you can delete this data form our system at any time.
* Log information. When you access Causemo services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
* User communications. When you send email or other communications to Causemo, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. When you send and receive SMS messages to or from one of our services that provides SMS functionality, we may collect and maintain information associated with those messages, such as the phone number, the wireless carrier associated with the phone number, the content of the message, and the date and time of the transaction. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
* Location data. Causemo offers location-enabled services, sometimes part of another application. If you use those services, Causemo may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals
sent by a mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
* Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services (including advertising services) and develop new services; and
* Protect the rights or property of Causemo or our users.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
How we share your personal information
Causemo may share your personal information (Causemo App and Service user) with other entities to improve the experience of the product. Causemo does not share the provided constituent or giving data with any third parties or Causemo clients. These entities may use your personal information to help fulfill your requests in connection with the Services and to help communicate with you about different resources offered as part of the Services. Also, our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use your personal information. On occasion, Causemo may share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes. If you would rather us not share your personal information with any third party for direct marketing purposes, please either (1) do not submit personal information to Causemo through the Causemo Apps or (2) indicate your desire for us not to share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by submitting such a request in writing (an “Opt-Out Request”) to us at: Causemo Inc., 1 Grant Street, Framingham, MA 01702 Attn: Legal, or by emailing email@example.com. Please note that it may take time for us to comply with your Opt-Out Request and, in the interim, we may continue to use your personal information as described in this PrivacyPolicy. In addition, please note that after receiving your Opt-Out Request, we may continue to maintain your name and other personal information to help us ensure we can honor such request, to communicate to you about your account, and for other purposes not related to direct marketing. If we receive your Opt-Out Request after having shared your personal information with a third party, Causemo may not be able to control use of such personal information by such third party (or any other party to whom such third party may have transferred your personal information). In such an event you agree that Causemo shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for damages or loss caused or
alleged to be caused in connection with the use of such personal information by any such third party or resulting from any such transfer or disposition. If you are concerned about Causemo sharing your personal information with third parties or otherwise transferring or disposing your personal information, you should not provide your personal information to Causemo. We may also release your personal information to third parties if we believe such release is necessary (i) to comply with the law (e.g., a legal process or a statutoryauthorization), (ii) to apply or enforce our user agreements, (iii) to protect our rights or property, (iv) as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or sale of substantially all of the assets of Causemo, or (v) if we reasonably believe that a danger to any person requires disclosure of such personal information.
Links to other sites
Please note that, while using the Services, you could be directed to other sites that are developed and administered by people or companies not affiliated with or controlled by Causemo. These other sites may place their own cookies on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who provide certain types of personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about certain types of personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. To obtain this information, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message.
Do Not Track
The Services does not support Do Not Track with respect to the Services at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your
webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For all the details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.